Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect - Sea and Sorbet

This is my first time trying the new Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect line. While the first thing I will mention is that for opacity you will require at least 3 coats (perhaps more if you have staining, as I do), I actually think this might be worth it. All the colours in this line are lovely, pale, dream-like colours. They look pillowy soft and have a translucent quality, even when opaque- does that make any sense at all? Also, I have to admit, there might be something to the "smooth and perfect" descriptor. I rolled my eyes at first, but the finish on these does seem to be unusually glassy and smooth.

On to the pictures! Sea is the palest sea-foam green, with pearly shimmer in it. It's very soft-looking. It leans far more blue than yellow in tone, and does not emphasize the red in my skin- no "lobster hands"! This is four coats:



And this is three coats of Sorbet, a very squishy-looking pale peach (modelled by my mother, who is making another guest appearance). ;)




I have to admit, I didn't think I would love these polishes so much! Usually I go for vibrant lacquers over softer shades, but these are so gorgeous. I love the subtle, pearly shimmer running through them. Both Sea and Sorbet are delicate and beautiful, and I would think that even Sea (a green polish, albeit a very light one), would be work appropriate. I love the dreamy, pale shades in this line, and will definitely be trying more of the colours.

What do you think of Sea and Sorbet? Do you think they are as pretty as I do? Have you tried any colours from this line yet?

Finally, I'll leave you with this mother-daughter picture:


17 comments:

  1. I am totally diggin' the sea color, very soft :) but I would be so impatient with four coats... maybe that is just me though lol and I have to say, I adore the mother daughter picture!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to be willing to be patient with doing four coats! Not a good polish to choose if you're in a hurry. Despite that it dried fairly well, and I only noticed a couple teeny tiny bubbles in some place.

      And thank you- I'm so glad you liked the mother-daughter picture! :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I read about these somewhere else, but without swatches. Too bad they are so sheer, but I might have to try Sea, if they come to Denmark...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that it is definitely worth trying at least once. I didn't have high expectations, but I ended up loving these. I'm planning to pick up at least one more!

      Delete
  3. The mother-daughter picture is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike because I just drafted a post for these polishes. I really like these polishes. Didn't think I would because yeah...I'm usually a bolder gal but these are just amaziiiiing. Yay for Mommy + daughter love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed- I totally didn't expect to be crazy about these, but I am! They're dreamy. Can't wait to read your post!

      Delete
  5. I love that light seafoam, it is very soft looking! And cute mother daughter shot, totally appropriate for international women's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true- I hadn't thought of it that way, but it is fitting, isn't it? Thanks. :)

      Delete
  6. I know this may sound a little silly, but wow your nail shape looks EXACTLY like my mom's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes my nails are a bit more squared, but eventually start rounding off a bit until I get zealous about filing them down. Isn't it funny how after reading nail blogs you start noticing all these details about nail shape (length, polish colour, etc)? It's always one of the first things I notice about new people I meet since I went lacquer-crazy.

      Delete
    2. I know exactly what you are talking about! You notice little things that normal people wouldn't lol

      Delete
    3. Haha, yeah, I can't resist commenting when I see someone with an interesting nail colour... I'm always "Ohh, what polish is that? Which brand?" etc. And mostly the answer is "Uhh, I'm not sure... Can't remember what it's called". Then I feel a bit like a weirdo for knowing so much about nail lacquer. LOL.

      Delete
  7. Ohh, I'm going to have to try these! Definitely, the sea one at least! So fresh, whimsical, and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them! Let me know how they work out for you! :D

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete