Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Essie - No More Film

I wanted to post my St. Patrick's Day manicure, but my camera (or maybe it's my laptop that is the problem?) has been unable to upload my pictures! In the meantime, I'm going to show you Essie No More Film from the 2012 Resort Collection.




No More Film is a really gorgeous deep blue-purple. In some lights it will look obviously blue, while in others it will look purple. I tried to accurately capture its range of colour in the photos above. I really love that it never looks black. It's perfect! And speaking of perfection, this was ONE COAT. Seriously. Opaque and perfect in one coat. I honestly can't remember the last time I used one coat of polish. Usually it's a "one coat if you're careful, but I used two" sort of thing. But no, this was ONE. I'm blown away.

What do you think of Essie No More Film?

14 comments:

  1. Interesting blurple! And awesome that it's a one-coater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of purples and blues, and everything in between, but this is my favourite "blurple". So lovely. And a one-coater, to boot!

      Delete
  2. One coat? Crazy! I almost picked this up yesterday. I want it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, really! One-coaters are awesome to have, especially when you don't have time for multiple coats. Not to mention, they just dry so much quicker!

      Delete
  3. love how it looks, it reminds me of a more blue-ish version of essie smoking hot. I may have to go stalk this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good description! It is similar in some ways to Smokin' Hot. Which is, by the way, another of my very favourite Essie lacquers. And did I mention that it's one-coat? ;)

      Delete
  4. A really nice color, but then again blue's and purple's seem to be my favorites at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blues and purples are always a favourite of mine! :D

      Delete
  5. Just the one coat thing has me sold! One coaters are especially awesome toenail polishes! The color is beautiful too. Purple polishes are my absolute fav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, you're right- nothing is worse than having to do a million coats of polish on your toes in order to get it opaque. To be honest, I kind of hate the process of painting my toenails!

      Delete
    2. LOL me too! Just painted them last week since it's spring again and it reminded me how much I hate it ... which is weird because I love painting my finger nails!!

      Delete
    3. Same thing here... maybe it's just that it's far more awkward to bend over and paint them, as opposed to painting fingernails? Something that makes me cringe is when I read blog posts about putting glitter on toenails- the thought of removing glitter from my toenails makes me want to cry (it's hard enough removing from fingers!).

      Delete
  6. wow!! one coater! :) beautiful! i like this shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth checking out, if you have the opportunity!

      Delete