Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dollish Polish - Valley of the Kings Collection

I'm thrilled to have received my first ever order from Dollish Polish, which represents my first foray into the "indie polish" phenomenon. I ordered the "Valley of the Kings" collection, in miniature form.



In the bottle they are ridiculously sparkly and vibrant- and they came very carefully packaged as well. No broken bottles here!


I'm not the only one excited for sparkly new lacquers- Domo is beside himself with excitement!

 "OMG, did you hear??"

"Look, it's Dollish Polish!"

The first colour I decided to try is "Bow to the Pharaoh". 




Dollish Polish Bow to the Pharaoh is a mixture of gold glitters, a bit of slate blue glitter, and some crazy reflective gold-holo glitter in a clear base. The overall effect is a very antique looking gold with added depth from the blue glitter and crazy sparkle from the holo glitter. I decided to layer Bow to the Pharaoh over China Glaze Fast Track, thinking the gold shimmer in Fast Track would work well with Bow to the Pharaoh. I think it does, and I'm pretty thrilled with the finished product! What you see below is two coats of Dollish Polish Bow to the Pharaoh over China Glaze Fast Track. 


In direct sunlight:



Blurred to show the amazing holographic sparkle this has:



Overall I'm very happy with this polish; it reminds me of antique gold with the added bonus of amazing holographic sparkle. Over the taupe and yellow-gold shimmery base of Fast Track, it has a cool sand-y look to it. The two play well together, but I think next time I'll try Bow to the Pharaoh over a darker creme base to see if it will "pop" even more. 

Maybe the best thing about this lacquer? It's totally Domo-approved. ;)

Domos love Dollish Polish!



What do you think of Dollish Polish Bow to the Pharaoh? Do you own any Dollish Polish? I can't wait to try the rest of these!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I purchased these through Dollish Polish's Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/DollishPolish

Click the following to see swatches of the other polishes in the Valley of the Kings collection:
Walk Like An Egyptian
Palm Fronds
Scarab

19 comments:

  1. Me LIKE - all though I'm growing more and more out of glitter, but they look great, and that they are Domo-approved means a lot to me hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always cringe a bit at glitter removal, but with the tin foil method it isn't too bad (as long as you have the extra 10 minutes or so).

      Delete
  2. I have been waiting for good swatches of Dollish Polish! I have yet to buy any, so I am keep waiting for swatches! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check back in the next while for swatches of the rest of the collection! They all look pretty fantastic, so I'm excited to see what they look like on the nail.

      Delete
  3. I've been to the Valley of the Kings (seriously).. and it wasn't THIS sparkly! Love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahah. That made me chuckle. I wish that I could say I've been to the Valley of the Kings- that way I could post an accompanying comparison photo. ;)

      Delete
  4. I so love supporting the indie brands. There are so many great ones out there. Gotta check this brand out .That holographic sparkle is amaziiiiing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holo sparkle in this IS pretty awesome- I don't think I've seen many other polishes with this same warm/goldy-toned huge holographic particle in it. Can't wait to try the other ones!

      Delete
  5. Where did you purchase them from? Not that I need more glitter, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased them from Dollish Polish's Etsy website: http://www.etsy.com/shop/DollishPolish

      And don't we all need more glitter? ;)

      Delete
    2. Is it just me, or is the above comment showing up all weirdly spaced out? Have no idea why. Lol.

      Delete
    3. haha, it looks fine to me. I will definitely check the link out!

      Delete
  6. These are all AMAZING!! Sparkly awesomeness, I love it! I've also just recently made my first foray into the indie polish trend, I just made my first order from Glitrix on etsy! I'm so excited for it to arrive! Haha and I love your Domos!

    Also, I just nominated you for a blog award! Check my post here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Glitrix- I'll have to check it out! Looking forward to seeing it on your blog. And I'm glad you like the Domos. ;)

      Thank you so much for the blog award! That's very kind of you. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh these are so funny!!! And I love the new shades =D

    BTW Love your blog! I gave you the versatile blogger award =) see my page to get the rules and such! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That's really awesome. I'm really glad you like my blog!

      Delete