Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Revlon - Not So Blueberry (featuring Space Guerrillas: The Thrilling Conclusion!)

At the drugstore yesterday I came across Revlon "Not So Blueberry", a scented lacquer that I recall being released some time last year. I guess I wasn't in the mood for nails that smell like blueberries at that time, but apparently I am now, because I picked it up. In the bottle it looks deliciously duochrome, but not so much on the nail. Regardless, it's a very pretty shimmery purple-blue. This is two coats of Revlon Not So Blueberry:




And it really, really, smells like blueberries. Kind of in the fake candy fruit scent way, which is very sweet. If you're sensitive to scents, this might not be the lacquer for you, but I rather like the novelty of it. A word of caution though- you might want to avoid smelling your nails in public. Because that's pretty weird looking. I mentioned that my nails smell like blueberries to a friend when we were out tonight, and extended my hand as proof. The response? "Maybe... somewhere not so public?" Good call. 

So you're all probably wondering about the fate of our tiny Domo heroes from yesterday. Well, I won't keep you waiting! As you'll recall, this was the rather sticky situation in which our Domos, captured by ray gun-toting Space Guerrillas, found themselves in: 


Trapped! And at the mercy of space-suited brigands, along with several innocent lacquers. Not, however, our scented polish from above... apparently Space Guerrillas don't like blueberries. Who knew?

Anyways, with our heroes in a rather tight spot, who could possibly come to their aid? 


Wait, what's that?!


Look up!!


It's a gigantic Domo! And he doesn't look very happy.


In fact, he looks pretty angry.


And... maybe a bit hungry...


Well, that solves the problem!


No more will malevolent Space Guerrillas abduct innocent lacquers and detain adorable tiny Domos! Thankfully giant Domo has set everything right!


Domos and lacquers rejoice! Feel free to imagine their celebratory festivities to be something like the Ewok celebration at the end of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. You know, something like this:


Definitely NOT like the re-mastered abomination ending with the new Ewok song and Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker.

9 comments:

  1. Ah, what a relief, the giant Domo Rules, I love that he aided the smaller and defenseless Domo's and polishes :)

    As for scented polishes, I'm not a fan, and you can't avoid smelling them when ever you touch your face or eat - yuck. So I understand why the space guerillas didn't abduct that one LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, I'm glad you liked the appearance of Giant Domo. He's pretty cool. And pretty cuddly, lol.

      About the scented polish- yeah, it was super weird at times, I'd be eating a sandwich and just smell the scent really strong. Kinda... blech. But then again sometimes I don't mind them! All depends.

      Delete
  2. I normally stay away from scented polish but this is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really like the shimmer in this- it's super sparkly. A little frosty looking, but not in the bad way!

      Delete
  3. Go giant domo! What a hero! And what a pretty shimmery polish! I haven't tried any scented polishes yet... I'm still a little unsure of them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the appearance of giant domo! :D And scented polishes definitely aren't for everyone. It might be worth trying to get one on sale, to experiment with!

      Delete
  4. omg I <3 your domos! That polish is pretty but sweet scents would irritate me, maybe I'll pop one open and have a sniff for myself. Thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the Domos! I had a lot of fun photographing them. And about the scented polishes, you have to be careful to let it dry before smelling them- if you just sniff them right from the bottle, you can't really get an idea for how it will smell once dry.

      Delete
  5. OOh scented polish! How long did the scent last ? I loveeeee domokun!

    ReplyDelete