Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Obligatory St. Patrick's Day Manicure (a few days late)

Okay, so this is a little late, but I was having some trouble uploading pictures. I've got it solved now, though, so here we go...

I began with two coats of American Apparel Hunter; as the name suggests, this is a hunter green creme. It has the usual lovely American Apparel formula, and is really shiny. Definitely a good St. Patrick's Day green!



Then I added two coats of Dollish Polish Palm Fronds. I really, really, love how this turned out. I don't think I totally captured how magical this looks. Palm Fronds has various sizes and shades of vibrant green glitter (including awesome large square green glitter). Green Domo is helping to model this combo, as is only appropriate for St. Patrick's Day.



The green glitter really pops agains the dark green base. I got a tonne of compliments on this, and I'm really thrilled- I'll definitely be breaking this out again!

What do you think of my St. Patrick's Day combination?

Oh, and one more thing! I wanted to let you all know that I'll be doing a small giveaway soon. I recently hit 50 followers, and wanted to celebrate by sharing something cool I found today with my readers... I'll post about in it more detail soon. This giveaway will only be open to my existing followers at the time I officially announce it, as I wanted to thank my current readers. So, for the readers who don't follow me through GFC but in some other way, I wanted to give you the opportunity to sign up if you're interested, as that will be the medium through which I will keep track of eligible participants. I'm excited! I can't wait to share this with all of you.


14 comments:

  1. It's lovely, and it seems like Domo likes it too ;)
    Palm Fronds really look very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Palm Fronds is my favourite Dollish Polish glitter so far- there is something really perfect about the different sizes and shape and shades of green glitter. It seems like a straight forward idea, but it still looks so complex on the nail.

      Delete
  2. This is so gorgeous! First of all I love the green by itself! Then it gets even better with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing different sizes and shapes of glitter against a dark creme background- it makes everything pop.

      Delete
  3. I love the Dollish Polish layered over top - gorgeous! Where did you buy Dollish Polish? I want to grab a few bottles but I've been having trouble finding it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought my Dollish Polish at her Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/DollishPolish

      Dollish Polish tends to sell out fairly quick and then re-open within a week, usually. But the store appears to be open now, so if there's anything you want, better check it out now! Let me know if you end up getting something. :)

      Delete
  4. great combination! :) Palm Fronds is gorgeous! :) i love it has so many size glitters. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has so much complexity because of all the different sizes and shades of glitter. Love it!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! I am loving your Dollish swatches, I ordered my first ones today and I'm so stoked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ones did you get? I happened to check her store this morning before she sold out of everything and couldn't resist picking up a couple: Expecto Patronum, Heart of Glass (I'm a sucker for Blondie), and Hip Hop Hippity Hop.

      Delete
  6. Omg I love the green on it's own (loooove AA polishes soo much)...it used to be such a chore for me to go to AA because I don't live near one but now I work near one so I guess I know where I'm spending my lunch break haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some of the best creme formulas I've ever seen. So shiny and perfect. What are the ones you're thinking of getting?

      Delete
  7. Love your green nails and I adore the domo <3 How big is your domo army?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sizeable! I have no doubt that you'll meet them all eventually. ;)

      Delete