Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Friday, March 23, 2012

China Glaze Riveting

A very fitting polish for the release day of the Hunger Games movie, I have Riveting from the China Glaze Hunger Games collection. And it is a stunner! This is a gorgeous and very bright orange with tonnes of golden shimmer. It's extremely sparkly and eye-catching, and has a fantastic formula: very opaque and easy to apply. This is two coats:




How awesome is this? So bright and juicy looking. I can't quite convey how intense and sparkly this is in person. 

Have you seen/do you plan to see the Hunger Games movie this weekend? I just saw it, and really enjoyed it. I think they did a good job of adapting the book to the big screen (not a particularly easy task, I think, as the book was written from the first person perspective). I was loving Stanley Tucci and Woody Harrelson in their roles, and all the actors and actresses did well. Oh, and just for the heck of it, I'm throwing another Donald Sutherland (he played the role of President Snow) tag into this post, just to have a reason to use that tag for a second time. ;) 

Let me know what you think of Riveting, and the Hunger Games movie if you've had a chance to see it yet!


11 comments:

  1. This is my favorite of the bunch, it's incredible - I have swatches ready to post too - it's really gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's my favourite of the ones I have, too. Looking forward to seeing your swatches!

      Delete
  2. Looove Riveting! But Agro is still my favorite from the bunch for some reason haha. I have yet to see the movie...work takes a big chunk of time out of my schedule so I only have weekends like the rest of the world and can't stay up late. I decided to wait for the craziness to die down so I can watch it in peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good plan too- I hate waiting in line to get tickets, and having to go a half hour early to get somewhat decent seats. Might as well go in a week or two and not have to deal with so much hassle. I'll have to head over to your blog and have another look at your swatches of Agro! I didn't think it would be anything special when I saw it in the bottle, but maybe I'm wrong.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! This is my absolute favorite shade from the collection =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need to get this color! i keep seen amazing swatches of it! Beautiful on you too! :)

    ReplyDelete