Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Friday, March 2, 2012

A-England - Ascalon

I wish every nail polish had the same formula that A-England polishes do. They're incredible. Always thick and opaque, yet easy to apply. I might have been able to get away with one coat for Ascalon if I was careful, but I did two. The brush is excellent- and is probably my favourite brush out of any brand I've tried. In summary, this lacquer practically applied itself. It was a breeze. Now, let's get onto the colour...



Ascalon is a pretty grey, with a strong lavender duochrome flash and holographic particles which sparkle in the light. It's a subtle holo, to be sure, but that's part of the reason I love it. If there ever was an office appropriate holographic, this might be it. It's very... dignified. A restrained grey-lavender holo. Let's see Ascalon in the sunlight, shall we?



I don't think I quite captured the strong lavender flash it has... it's present not only in the sun, but also in ambient light. I think the combination of the duo chrome and the holographic sparkle kind of freaked my camera out; this is definitely best observed in person. Which I highly recommend. It also reminded me of black pearls:



Yeah, I think that black pearls are a pretty good match with this polish. They share a lot of the same qualities (grey/multichrome/lavender finish). They also don't photograph very well. :P

So that was A-England Ascalon. A highly recommended lacquer with an amazing formula. So amazing I broke out both the italics and the bold font. Watch out. When you see me underlining something as well, you should probably take cover.

10 comments:

  1. I'm not SO much fan of grey, but this is actually nice, and I agree that it looks extra nice with the pearls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if there ever is a grey your might love, this could be it. It has a lot going for it!

      Delete
  2. They look so god on your nails!
    Pretty!


    COme visit my blog and let's follow each other on GFC!



    http://www.momfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlfriend, you totally convinced me to grab this one. Looks stunnnnning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even better in reality! I wish I could have captured the gorgeous lavender flash it has (I must have taken 70+ pictures, but couldn't quite get it).

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I ordered Tristam a few days ago and I can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tristam is one of the other A-England polishes I have; you won't regret buying it! It has a flawless formula, just like this one. So beautiful! I think A-England is fast becoming my favourite brand.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous nails. I like how you took the picture with those pearls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like my polish + pearls shot. :)

      Delete