Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Floam by Nail-Venturous

Today I have a polish that I'm very excited to share with you: Nail-Venturous "Floam"! This lacquer has become quite sought after as of late, and I feel lucky to have gotten my hands on it. I suspect I just had good timing because I happened to be up late the night Ninja Polish went online, and managed to snag it (along with a few precious others you'll be seeing shortly). Floam is a peculiar mixture of teeny tiny neon blue and green particles. I'm hesitant to call it glitter, because I've never seen anything like it, but that's probably the closest descriptor I can think of. They're strangely matte, and very round. I don't think I'm going to accomplish anything more by trying to describe it, so onto the pictures!






It's just so cool looking! I've never seen anything like it- I highly recommend checking it out in person. The formula was a little challenging to work with, pretty thick, but covered completely in three coats. Oh, and for the record, this wore like iron; it didn't chip off in big pieces like a lot of super dense glitters do. What do you think of Floam? If you had the opportunity, would you order it?

14 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said about Floam after wearing it myself! Great swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely order it, if it weren't already sold out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be always sold out, doesn't it? I really only got it by chance... I'm so glad I was all insomniac the night Ninja Polish went online! :P

      Delete
  3. OH, you old friend here is dying (from envy, NOT very nice), OMHMG it's so gorgeous - I get that feeling every time I see it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so incredibly unique- I have no idea where this glitter comes from, but I've never seen anything like it. And I guess I should start picking up two of something I am lucky enough to order- that way I can send one to you! ;)

      Delete
  4. This one is high on my lemming list. I managed to get Voodoo Doll and Orange you Unique the last time she opened and lost Pinkerbell and Floam during checkout. They will be mine someday! Thanks for posting a swatch and only making my lemming stronger for this unique polish. I wish her all of the success in the world, because she deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that how it always works? The more swatches you see, the more you want it. I hope you have good luck next time and manage to snag all the polishes you want!

      Delete
  5. I want this so bad!!! Ever since I saw the first swatches I've been trying to snag it. Hopefully it will be available again some day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it'll be available again, the trick is having good timing. Good luck, I hope you manage to get it sometime soon!

      Delete
  6. That looks great! Hopefully I can snag one some day. Every time I see swatch I just wanna touch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The interesting things is, it feels smooth on the nail, but looks all crazy and like it must have texture when you just look at it in pictures. It's kind of like one of those Magic Eye optical puzzles. You know? They were really popular... maybe 15 years ago?

      Delete