Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Sally Hansen Concrete and A-England Merlin

Tonight I've got one of my very favourite polishes to share with you: Sally Hansen Concrete. What makes this polish so special? Well, it's the best neutral I own, and it's the colour I pull out whenever I want to feel professional and polished. Concrete is a perfect taupey-pinkish-beige (in some lights it pulls more grey, while in others it's more of a soft purple/pink). It's always incredibly flattering- more so than any other shade in my collection. It also holds the status of being the only truly back-up worthy lacquer in my collection- quite a distinction! Without further ado, here's my beloved Concrete: 




I also decided to add a gradient of A-England's Merlin to this mani; the fine, delicate silver glitter makes a nice addition to Concrete, although I didn't get the glitter dispersion as even as I would have liked!



What do you think of Sally Hansen Concrete? Can you see why it's perhaps my favourite shade of all time?

Do you have a favourite polish of all time? Let me know in the comments!

17 comments:

  1. Wow thats a really nice cement gray color. I also love how you put the glitter on the tip! it made it all the more glamorous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kumiko! A little bit of glitter does do a lot to add some glamour.

      Delete
  2. It's a very unique color, and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely color and the glitter adds a nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous swatches of this! Purple-y taupes are always a favorite, and a must have in any stash! I've got my Rimmel one that I love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, is it Rimmel Steel Grey? That's one of my very favourites. Super flattering and wear time is excellent.

      Delete
  5. This colour looks beautiful on you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I can see why it's one of your faves... I love all of these grey-taupes too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say no to them! They have an instant spot in my heart. :)

      Delete
  7. very beautiful! love the glitter gradient :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. a)That looks fab on you b)I'm learning quickly that neutrals and glitter look amazing together!

    I have a bunch of favs but if I HAD to choose I would say it's a tie between Graphite by Chanel or Royal Rajah Ruby by OPI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, those are both perfectly defensible choices for fav polish of all time. :D Stellar.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete