Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

F4 Pink Penquin

I've got a quick post for you tonight- this is F4's Pink Penquin. I'm pretty sure I layered this over one of the Maybelline Colour Show for fall polishes (Auburn Ablaze, I think?). Anyways, the base colour is dark enough that you can really see what kind of glitter comprises Pink Penquin; a mixture of small white glitters and a few black glitters with bigger pops of pink. This is really fun! I love all the fine white glitter in this, and it kind of reminds me of static on TV. Just prettier. What do you think of Pink Penquin? 




The only thing I don't get is the name... why Pink Penquin instead of Pink Penguin? I feel like there's a reference I'm missing there. Does anyone know what inspired the name in this case? Let me in on the secret! 

18 comments:

  1. It's a really interesting and pretty polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! And now that you mentioned it, it totally reminds me of pretty tv static! If only they had pink on normal tv static hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! TV static would be so much more popular with pink in it. ;) Someone needs to get on that!

      Delete
  3. ooh yes! this is amazing! perfect polish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love the big pops of pink glitter among the small black and white static glitter! I think this would look great over grey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right- that'll definitely be my layering combination of choice next time I pull this out!

      Delete
  5. Cute! I love the combination of pink and black and white glitters! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this polish!! Totally one of my lemmings. Haha, I've always wondered about the name as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to find out why it's spelled as it is, but I suppose it'll just have to add to the mystique of the polish. ;)

      Delete
  7. The mixture of glitter is perfect! Everything(especially the pink)is so well balanced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It's the perfect amount of white to balance the black and pink glitters.

      Delete
  8. That is such a weird name. Well it matches the polish! Definitely unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely- I was mentioning above that it'll just have to add to the overall mystique of the polish. ;)

      Delete
  9. I have always read the name of this polish as penguin when I've seen it, and didn't realize until you pointed it out that its a Q lol. Now I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll have to write to F4 and ask! This mystery needs clearing up!

      Delete