Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I want to begin by apologizing for being a bad blogger- I haven't been updating as frequently as I'd like! The same goes for those of my lovely readers who also have wonderful blogs that I haven't been able to visit as regularly lately- I hope you'll forgive me for my infrequent appearances! 

Maybe I can make it up to you with some Halloween photos? We'll start with the nails, of course. Sally Hansen Nail Strips in "Corny Candy", a light metallic silver imprinted with adorable candy corns. I have to say, I'm majorly impressed with these. Not only are they incredibly cute, but this manicure is on it's third day and it's still going strong with nary a chip in sight. That's a rare experience for me! 



Application was quite easy, and I topped this off with a coat of Seche Vite (which I find helps protect the strips and ensures they'll last extra long). And of course this Halloween manicure needs a Halloween-ready Domo to go along with it:


Here's a photo of a recent pumpkin carving event; bonus points to anyone who guesses the origin of the design on the left pumpkin!


Lastly, I'll share with you a look outside my window (taken about a week ago).


As you can see, winter has arrived in earnest, and any kids out trick or treating probably wore their costumes overtop of a snowsuit! I do have to admit, though, I love when the trees are thick with the first frost of the winter. Beautiful.

How was your Halloween?

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful pumpkin carvings - and wither, arrrg, but I have to admit that I love to look at snow... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! And the snow and cold I'm alright with, but the worst part is actually how few hours of sunlight we get each day!

      Delete
  2. Love the nail strips and beautiful pumpking cravings!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these nail strips and I thought they were the cutest thing! This girl at work wore the same strips, love it! And the snow is really pretty, but I do NOT fare well in snow hahaa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year I look forward to the Halloween and Christmas nail strips Sally Hansen puts out! I love them, and some of the patterns would be near impossible to create with nail art.

      Delete
  4. oh that pumpkin is too funny! I don't remember the name of it, but isn't it that painting that a woman "helped restore" or ruin? lol I love the nail strips too! The Sally Hansen ones are always so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I didn't think anyone would "get" it, but you guessed the answer! Haha, yes, this is my take on the fresco that elderly Spanish lady tried to "restore". SO funny!! Here's the link to the story for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19349921

      Delete
  5. Just saw the post above mine. I got the pumpkin correct! And those nail strips are cute (despite my hatred of candy corn which I tried last week for the first time)!. And that snow picture is beautiful. That being said I'm not crazy bout snow either. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo, glad you got the pumpkin reference! I was worried it would too obscure. :D And candy corn is good in theory... but in reality it's way too sugary, and the smell is kinda sickening actually. :P

      Delete
  6. i love halloween and i love these nails!! i went out last night to a club dressed as lady gaga :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's awesome-I'm hoping when I check your blog I'll see some great pictures! I should have guessed you might dress up as Gaga. :D

      Delete
  7. Oh love the candy corn nail wraps! Very cute!!! Can't believe there's snow already where you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it usually shows up sometime in October. Only 7 more months before it's gone again. :(

      Delete
    2. Hah, just to clarify, I'm not sad because it's "only" around for 7 months. I'm sad BECAUSE it'll be around for about 7 more months. :P

      Delete
  8. How come your nail wraps are so darn cute and smooth???? Mine were a wreck! I'm busy swatching some of ya' glittas! LUV sea monster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo! I'll have to check in with your blog ASAP! I'm so glad you like Sea Monster!

      Delete
  9. That's one of the best pumpkins I've seen!

    ReplyDelete