Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Lime Crime - Les Desserts d'Antoinette

When I first saw The Manicure Addict's amazing swatches of the Lime Crime Les Desserts d'Antoinette collection, I knew they would have to be mine... and when I saw this wickedly brilliant pinwheel manicure she put together using all of the colours, I was even more convinced of the fact that I needed them.  One problem- at that time, Lime Crime did not ship to Canada. Since then, Harlow and Co has begun carrying the Les Desserts collection, but at the time I was rather sad about not being able to get my nails on these. Thankfully, Katherine (the owner of those fabulous nails over at The Manicure Addict) is just plain awesome and offered to be my US mailing address. A couple weeks later, these arrived in my mail box: Lavendairy, Peaches and Cream, Pastelchio, and Milky Ways.


Being awesome, Katherine also included some extra goodies- what an awesome surprise! It seems that the best kind of nail mail comes with tasty suckers.


First up is Lavendairy; I absolutely can't say no to a pretty pastel purple, and this one is very pretty indeed. While all the shades in this collection are pastel-ish cremes, they're not your typical pastel cremes. They're much punchier and more saturated than your standard pastel. This lavender pastel leans very pink, which makes it fairly unique in my collection. Gorgeous. This is two coats. 




Next up is Pastelchio; the first picture of this is a bit washed out, the second is truer to colour. It's an amped up pastel pistachio creme that is totally unique in my collection. While extremely thick, and a little tricky to work with, what you see below is one coat. Pretty amazing! There are a few thin spots, so if I was wearing this as a mani, I'd likely do two, but I'm still impressed. 



Peaches and Cream: a vivid creamsicle orange. This was another amazing one-coater- no streaky areas, although it was a very thick formula to work with.



My favourite of the collection is Milky Ways; what a fantastic and unique white creme! Quite unusual. It has a soft peachy undertone that keeps it from looking too stark. Beautiful.




Milky Ways photographed in natural light:


I was so taken with this collection that I decided to order one more from Harlow and Co; this is Once In A Blue Mousse, a pretty pastel blue creme. 




What do you think my picks from the Lime Crime Les Desserts d'Antoinette collection? I'm pretty thrilled with them! I decided to pass on the other two shades in the collection, a pastel yellow and a pastel pink, but if they're anything like these, you probably can't go wrong. The bottles are slightly smaller than a full size (I think they're around 10ml instead of 15ml), but they're really cute. I love the shape and the frosted glass. Adorable! Will these be finding a place in your collection?



22 comments:

  1. they are very pretty all, my favorite is milky ways :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's my favourite, too! Such a unique white!

      Delete
  2. I'm obsessed with this collection... I bought one then when back and got the rest! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking I should pick up the remaining two colours, too. There's something satisfying about having the whole collection!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful collection, my favourite is Lavendairy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I'm torn between that one and Milky Ways for a favourite. Both are gorgeous colours!

      Delete
  4. Aww, so you got them - I'm happy you are enjoying them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Well, they're definitely a justifiable lemming to have! :D

      Delete
  6. Milky Ways is pretty cool! Like that it's got some peachy undertones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the peachy undertones make this for me. So soft and pretty!

      Delete
  7. They are all gorgeous colors! I especially love the green and the blue. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yun! I think the green is pretty unique as far as greens go!

      Delete
  8. These are so pretty and delicate! I love Once In A Blue Mousse and Milky Ways the most :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gorgeous collection, overall. Blue Mousse is somewhat similar to CG For Audrey, but still different enough to warrant owning. Milky Ways, however, is totally unique!

      Delete
  9. I think Once in a Blue Mousse is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda love that name- it seems like blue mousse shouldn't sounds delicious, but my god, it does! This whole collection makes me kinda hungry. :P

      Delete
  10. Lovely post and even lovelier nails! My only sadness is that they don't make other types of polishes as I'm a huge fan of polishes that have a shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to seeing what Lime Crime comes out with next- maybe some shimmers? :D

      Delete