Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A belated Halloween manicure!

Tonight I've got a Halloween manicure to share with you- I wish I'd posted it before now, but better late than never. And this is a good one. 

I started out with Layla Mercury Twilight, a gorgeous silver holographic. There are tonnes of silver holographics out there, but this is the only one you need. Stunning. 



Then I added a few Halloween-themed water decals to the manicure; I'd never used water decals before, and at first was kind of intimidated. But it's actually super easy! Just cut out the decals, and dunk them in mildly warm water for a minute. The backing will peel off, and you just slide it onto the nail, and manoeuvre it to where you want it. As a nail art novice, this was an easy way of accomplishing a cute mani. I was extremely pleased with the end result, and the stark black of the design contrasts wonderfully with the silver holo base. Very cool looking.







The water decals are available here, via an online retailer called KKCenterHK. The product number is "N.NAIL-WDHHK099". 

What do you think of my belated Halloween manicure? Have you tried water decals before?


*Nail decals were sent to me for unbiased review; all opinions are my own. 


10 comments:

  1. Aww, those decals are cute - maybe it's late, but it's nice and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the decals and how they came out! Very crisp! And Mercury is drool worthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So drool-worthy! The only other silver holo I have is the CG OMG one, and that one is quite muted compared to this. This one blazes!!

      Delete
  3. The decals and the overall mani came out so good!! You could totally make your own by printing out designs on tattoo paper because I believe it's a similar concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never even thought of that- sounds like it could be fun! I'll have to look into this.

      Delete
  4. Layla Mercury Twilight is gorgeous! :-) Beautiful Halloween manicure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I'll be pulling those decals out again next year!

      Delete