Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Friday, November 2, 2012

China Glaze Magnetix II - Sparks Will Fly

Today I've got a magnetic polish to show you: China Glaze Sparks Will Fly. I've been meaning to post this for awhile, but only got around to it now. This is part of the Magnetix II collection, and here's a look at the new magnet designs. I was pretty excited about two of them; the circular pattern and the criss-crossing lines are both unique in my collection. 


The magnetic patterns turned out really well on my thumb nails, probably because it offers a flatter surface for the design to take effect. Here you can see the criss-crossing lines pattern- it makes me think of a quilt.


I think the circular one is even better... it reminds me of ripples in a pond. I'm also really happy with the colour contrast- a light blue shifts to a vibrant cool-toned deep blue when the magnet is applied. I love this shade!


Unfortunately, this didn't work as well on the rest of my fingernails- they're quite curved, so the design couldn't really wrap around the whole nail. You can see where it fades towards the tips of my nails. Nonetheless, I still think it looks pretty cool. Left to right, you can see the pattern with straight lines, criss-cross lines, circles, and the criss-crossed pattern once again on the pinky nail.



What do you think of Sparks Will Fly? Are you still attracted to magnetic polishes, or have they lost their hold on you? Myself, I'm still kinda charged up by them. ;)

18 comments:

  1. I still like them - I think they look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest I have never really liked them but a lot of them are Pretty on it's own so I use mine without the magnets :p xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it's true- some look perfectly pretty without being magnetized at all!

      Delete
  3. It looks really cool on your thumb! They need to make curved magnets though...it is such a pain when the magnet is weak and the design doesn't come out right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely- the idea of a curved magnet is a great idea. I really hope someone gets on that!

      Delete
  4. I agree with sandipalien, most of us don't have flat nails, so it would be beyond cool if they made somehow curved magnets. That would help a lot! Anyhow, the faded circles look really cool in your ring finger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we need to start writing to nail polish companies? ;) It's such a good idea! And I kinda dig the faded circle design, too!

      Delete
  5. All tough I stated not to buy more magnetic polishes, I might buy this magnet LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the magnet is worth it- unique designs, and they came out pretty clear (at least on the flatter surfaces of my nail).

      Delete
  6. i love all the different shapes and thats a gorgeous color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the circle magnet is my favourite... so cool. :D

      Delete
  7. I'm done with magnetized polish. Well I really never started with them though. Yeah I dunno I've never liked them. They are one of the few trends I never cared for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought they were amazing... especially when they were practically myths, they were so hard to find (I remember Scrangie blogging about elusive magnetic polish years ago... so many lemmings were born!). Now that they're in plentiful supply, I can't say no to them. I still dig them, if only because it's like... SCIENCE + NAIL POLISH. Awesome.

      Delete
  8. Really cool! I haven't gotten into magnet polishes though. Maybe its the colors I'm not into. I almost bought a revlon one though but freaked out over the price $10.79.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth trying! There definitely on the pricey side, though. Maybe check out something from Claire's? They have some cheap ones that are fantastic!

      Delete
  9. wow those are some cool magnet designs :)

    ReplyDelete