Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sinful Colors Cinderella + Revlon Whimsical

Sinful Colors Cinderella and Revlon Whimsical are both polishes I've long admired- finally, after searching high and low and waiting patiently for them to show up in stores near me, I broke down and ordered them via eBay. Predictably, I saw them the following week at a local store, but isn't that the way it always goes? 

First I applied two coats of Cinderella; it really could have used a third, but I was in a rush and wanted to layer Whimsical overtop anyways. The pink shimmer in this is really gorgeous, albeit subtle. 



I think Cinderella makes a nice base for Revlon Whimsical. Whimsical consists of a mixture of metallic pale blue and pink hexagonal glitters and smaller glitter flecks in a pale milky blue jelly. I love how soft and pretty this looks! I've been lemming Whimsical (a dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Glitter In The Air), for a long time, so it was satisfying to finally get this on my nails.



I always associate particular lacquers with notable events that occurred when I was wearing them- in the case of this manicure, I wore it when I went to see my favourite Canadian band play a concert recently. I'll leave you with one of their songs- enjoy! 









16 comments:

  1. Did not know Sinful Colors were sold in Canada. I love how Cinderella looks and Whimsical looks great with it! Although Whimsical always reminds me of a baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is pretty baby shower, isn't it? Can't think of a better way to describe it. :D And I've seen Sinful Colors at London Drugs, as well as Shopper's (I think).

      Delete
  2. I have the Lippmann version. Everyone else raves about it, but totally ugly on me! Weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not for everyone- and it's pretty sheer, so it requires a lot of layers which can be annoying! Better to layer it, maybe.

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful layering combo! I have both of these polishes unworn, I need to test them out together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! They make a good pairing! Would love to see a post about it on your blog. :D

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty combination. I remember how much I wanted Whimsical when it first came out. I'm going to have to try Cinderella with it in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been wanting Whimsical for soooo long. I can't believe it finally arrived in my city after I broke down and ordered it online. :P

      Delete
  5. very nice! i want whimsical so badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you want me to try to track down another bottle and send it your way! :D

      Delete
  6. This is so pretty,it reminds me that I need to use Whimsical more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it could make a really pretty winter manicure, maybe paired with a white glitter overtop? I should have tried that before I removed this mani!

      Delete
  7. I love the glitter polish honey, is really cute! I'm following.

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete