Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cherry Blossom Nail Decals on Illamasqua Baptiste.

Recently I was contacted by KKCenterHK, a Hong Kong based beauty and nail art supplier, who asked me if I would be interested in reviewing a few of their products. I was quite happy to accept, as nail decals are a new technique for me to experiment with- I haven't experimented much with any kind of nail art, so this was a fun way to get started. Today I have a set of "3D" white cherry blossom nail decals to show you, and I've applied them over Illamasqua Baptiste, a deep shimmery purple and my manicure from the other day. 





Overall, these were surprisingly easy to use. I'm not sure why I was expecting it to be hard, but they're basically just slightly raised stickers you remove from the sheet and place on the nail. These pictures were taken prior to applying topcoat, but with topcoat they stay in place nicely. This is definitely a look I'll have to get used to, as I usually stick to plain colours without any nail art, but it was a nice way to dip my toes into the world of nail art. What do you think of these nail decals?

You can find more product information here, and the item code for this product is "3D-051".

*Nail decals were sent to me for unbiased review; all opinions are my own. 

18 comments:

  1. I love them because their 3D and they look sweet!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks- I really like the contrast between light and dark, too!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, I think they are a bit too chunky for me, but I never really liked 3-D on my nails LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean- I don't mind the 3-D, although some do!

      Delete
  4. I'm into stickers too, because I'm bad at nail art.... I like them 2D though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I almost feel like I'm cheating by using stickers after seeing all the incredible nail art other bloggers can do! I'm such an amateur. ;)

      Delete
    2. LOL, well, you mix polish though!

      Delete
    3. I suppose you're right! Haha, that must get me some points for creativity. ;)

      Delete
  5. Yay for trying nail art!! We all have to start somewhere right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point- maybe I'll work up to trying those dotting tools I ordered some time ago. ;)

      Delete
  6. Baptiste is a gorgeous polish! I love the nail decals! Awesome that you are trying out nail art. I just started not too long ago and it's been fun experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've got a few more decals to show off, but then I'll have to branch out a bit more and try free-handing some designs!

      Delete