Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Ozotic 505 + Picture Polish Mask-a-rade = Multichrome Madness!

Combining two of the most multichromatic polishes known to humankind? Yep, you're gonna see that here.


Let's start with Ozotic 505, on it's own (3 coats): 








As you can probably tell, Ozotic 505 is a very sheer polish, and next time I'll definitely be layering it over black so the multichrome shows up more dramatically. Even despite that, this is pretty amazing! It blows me away how chameleon-like this is. It's even more jaw-dropping in person.

So, having applied this, I decided to indulge myself and layer Picture Polish's Mask-a-rade overtop for twice the multichrome madness. This was the result of two coats of Mask-a-rade overtop of Ozotic 505:







And because I've seen Kas at the Varnished Valkyrie use this technique to great effect, here is an underwater photo to convey the full multichromatic range this has!


Pretty amazing, right? This ended up being a few too many coats of lacquer for my liking, but I'm really happy I tried combining these two because it resulted in a multichromatic extravaganza.

I purchased Ozotic 505 from Llarowe, and Picture Polish Mask-a-rade from Harlow and Co, but both websites carry both of these lines. Harlow and Co. ships from Canada, so that's something to keep in mind if you're Canadian- shipping is quite cheap, and very quick. I've been very happy with my experience ordering from both websites in the past. 

What do you think of my Ozotic 505 and Picture Polish Mask-a-rade combination? Do you have any awesome duochrome/multichrome combinations you'd like to share? 

14 comments:

  1. Please show the Ozotic over black and underwater! It looks similar to Butter London Knackered, but without the holo glitter. That underwater picture is mindblowing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have to re-do these over black- it think it might put the multichromatic aspect totally over the top, which would be amazing. :D

      Delete
  2. OHMG Ozotic 505 really gorgeous - but it certainly doesn't get "better" (in the good way) with the layering - very inerestin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think seeing it over black might improve it considerably... next time I'll do that!

      Delete
  3. Ozotic 505 looks very different from my 504, so I will put it on my list. Interesting combination! Do you use a underwater camera, or just hold your nail polish hand under water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No underwater camera- just stuck my hand into a shallow bowl of water and snapped a picture with my regular camera. It's amazing how much of a difference it can make in showing the duochrome off!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for explaining!:-) I will try that next time.

      Delete
  4. OMG It looks so psychedelic !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, doesn't it?! I love it, so many crazy colours.

      Delete
  5. I honestly didn't like Mask-a-rade when I saw it in other photo but that looks AMAZING layered!!! Also I've never tripped on acid, but I imaging if I ever did everything would look like the underwater shot. :P I like... The picture I mean... not the idea of doing acid... DRUGS ARE BAD!!! I'm going to end my comment there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, lol, that cracked me up. Yeah, it's definitely psychedelic, though. Definitely worth seeing in person!

      Delete
  6. I can't express how much I love this combo! It's just so much duochrome awesomeness!! I want this on my nails. And my toes. And my eyelids. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I WISH I could have duochrome like this on my eyelids! That would make for an awesome eyeshadow!

      Delete