Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dollish Polish Heart of Glass (over Sally Hansen Violet Voltage)

Today I have a fun combination to share with you! This post with showcase Dollish Polish Heart of Glass, layered over Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Violet Voltage. I decided that my brand new Walkman Domo might be a good companion for Heart of Glass, seeing as how he's clearly a music fan. I'm a Blondie fan, myself, and in fact I distinctly remember my mom buying me my first ever CD, which was a Blondie compilation disc. I was mesmerized by the song "Heart of Glass". 


We'll get to Dollish Polish Heart of Glass in a moment; in the meantime, this is what I chose to layer it over. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Violet Voltage is a lovely light purple, with pretty shimmer running through it. I think this is new for spring 2012. The formula on this is lovely, and this was two coats of Violet Voltage:




Dollish Polish Heart of Glass is a holographic topcoat, which contains a whole bunch of Spectra Flair for a linear holo effect, in addition to larger jagged holographic shards and holographic bar glitter. The jagged, irregular holographic shards made me think of bits of a compact disc if it was shattered. A fitting connection to make, perhaps?


This is one coat of Heart of Glass over Violet Voltage:





The following pictures in direct sunlight best show Heart of Glass in all its holographic glory:



What did you think of Dollish Polish Heart of Glass? Does it bring back fond musical memories for you?

I purchased my bottle of Heart of Glass through Dollish Polish's Etsy shop, but she has since relocated to a new website; you can now find her here.

And because this post wouldn't be complete without Blondie singing "Heart of Glass", here you go! 



Just a reminder about my upcoming Lynnderella Connect the Dots giveaway: If you're interested in entering to win a bottle of Connect the Dots, click here for details on how to enter

10 comments:

  1. Your Walkman Domo presents the polish so well, I hope he and the others get along fine LOL
    Oh, the polish..? Lovely too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Walkman Domo is pretty chill, so he gets along with everyone. ;) Haha, even if he tends to become the main focus on a nail blog now and then...

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the Blondie reference and the polish! Wow Heart of Glass looks so amazing. Dollish Polish is so hard to get though...I still want my GTL!! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I totally caved and bought this because of the name. Loooove Blondie. And if I'm ever online when Dollish Polish goes online again, I'll try to snag a bottle of GTL for you!

      Delete
  3. Love this combo! Domo is super cute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- and I agree, the Domo is pretty adorable! I have a major weakness for these little guys.

      Delete
  4. i love this manicure! i like the layering and Domo is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The song is one of my favourites (I used to steal my mum's Blondie CD when I was five and dance along) and I love this polish! I might have to dip a toe into the world of Indie polish soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend Dollish Polish as a good place to start- she has a lot of nice lacquers. Her store was open this morning, but everything has pretty much sold out by now. That's one problem with indie polishes- they're hard to get ahold of... although maybe that's part of the allure?

      Delete