Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

SpaRitual - Quietness (Meditate Collection Spring 2013)

Tonight I've got swatches of SpaRitual Quietness to share with you; this lacquer is part of the new Meditate Collection for Spring 2013. I haven't been able to find any other swatches of this collection online, so hopefully this helps some of you out! 

Quietness is a creamy pale beige that leans slightly yellow; it reminds me of a really milky iced coffee, or maybe of irish cream liqueur. Comparison-wise, it's more beige than Illamasqua Load, but not as yellow as China Glaze Kalahari Kiss. I used three coats to achieve full coverage, but the formula was fairly easy to work with; I did notice that it took a long time to dry, though- even thought I painted my nails in the afternoon, the polish was still slightly dent-able later that evening. 






The following two pictures, taken in late afternoon sun, show the polish looking a bit more yellow than it typically looks on the nail; I've included them here nonetheless.



The other lacquers in this collection follow in the subdued, dreamy/pastel trend- a tried and true combination for a spring collection. I think this collection with be more widely available in February, but it is currently available through Nail Polish Canada, which is where I ordered mine from. I've also noticed that it's begun popping up at other online retailers.



What do you think of SpaRitual Quietness? Do you think you'll be picking anything up from this collection?


16 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This nail color is so pretty. i find it so elegant and classy even though it is simple. This is perfect for any occasion and any color of dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely an awesome neutral to own! Very versatile. :D

      Delete
  2. I think this is one of those lovely nudes that will look beautiful with a sparkly glitter!! On its own, it's a nice palette cleanser!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice change from some of the glitter-heavy holiday and new years colours I've been sporting. And I'll have to try layering some glitter over it to see what it would look like!

      Delete
  3. Do you have Peace and Harmony? I've really been wanting to see that one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't, unfortunately! Hopefully more swatches will show up soon! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest swatched, too.

      Delete
  4. They are all pretty but I'm noticing these spring collections all kind of look the same :P Random but I REALLY like the names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true- almost every year they look the same. :P And they all look so gosh darn sweet all lined up in a dreamy pastel rainbow... *sigh* And I wasn't sure about the names! "Quietness". Hmm, maybe it'll grow on me.

      Delete
  5. It's so pretty, and possibly a color I could wear - I have a thing for pastels, so I think they look gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember- do you own many SpaRituals? If not, maybe this collection will be the one for you!

      Delete
  6. I love the simplicity of it and the true "iced coffee" colour look this polish has-I've been looking for this kind of shade forever! I might have to order this one online-I am quite intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it- I'm really loving the "iced coffee" look, too. Simple and elegant!

      Delete
  7. Wow, big difference between the two different light sources. Very pretty neutral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is surprising, isn't it! In person it wasn't quite so yellow as it shows in the last two pictures, although those last rays of sunlight definitely brought out a more golden yellow hue.

      Delete