Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ricki's Sake

Remember the first time I posted about a Ricki's lacquer? Well, that one was awesome, and I have another one to share with you today. This one is a fairly nice grey creme; in the bottle it looked far more like a dusty green, but on the nail it is a definite grey, with just a faint green tinge to it. 



I found this lone bottle in a basket with a bunch of other Ricki's colours. It was clearly the unloved lacquer of the bunch, the "ugly duckling"... it was even marked down to $1.99.


When I saw it I couldn't make up my mind about it. I felt a little bad, and thought it deserved some attention amongst all the neons and pinks it was in with. Then I saw the name: "Sake". Never mind that I've never seen sake that was even remotely this colour (and if I did, I don't think I would be tempted to drink it). But the fact that someone cared enough to give it a real name, instead of something like "medium grey", sold me on it. I'll love you, little unwanted discount polish. I'll love you.


16 comments:

  1. Aww I'm glad you gave this lonely polish a home! It definitely deserves to be worn since it actually has a name! I'm loving all grays so this is a really nice one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- I couldn't just toss it back into the discount bin after seeing that it had a name (and a half way decent one at that, if you ignore the fact that it's not precisely accurate).

      Delete
  2. So pretty! And your story about the little lone polish with a real name is so sweet! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post is so cute, really lovely grey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Sake! :) i like this kind of shades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be dangerous rescue-ing reject polish, isn't it? I almost bought a bunch the other day in a sale bin... but it is great when you find a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is- I don't think I needed another grey polish, but how could I just leave it there? ;)

      Delete
  6. It's very, LOL grey - it would look terrible on me, but you can use those colors.
    Couldn't sake be something is - like for God's sake - Ricki's sake...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! I hadn't thought of it that way. You might be right! I was totally thinking of Sake the drink. Huh. You might be onto something. ;)

      Delete
  7. This looks exactly like American Apparel Echo Park, which is my favorite grey creme. So this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww this post is adorable, I love have you rescued the little nail polish orphan =) Such a good grey too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you liked my little story about the unwanted lacquer. ;)

      Delete