Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chanel Rouge Noir / OPI Pearl of Wisdom

Today I have a classic for you: Chanel's Rouge Noir, a.k.a. Vamp. This is three coats (with Essie base and top coat).


Rouge Noir is a brown-based dark red. You'll have to overlook the very short pinky nail; I suffered a tragic break, and discovered that taking pictures of my right hand was even more challenging than capturing ones of my left.

Even though this Chanel is a classic, I decided to try layering OPI's Pearl of Wisdom (from the Spring 2010 Hong Kong collection) over top of it. Pearl of Wisdom is a sheer iridescent duochrome that shows a variety of colours, ranging from purple to green. The below picture shows more of the green flash...


More of the purple aspect of Pearl of Wisdom...


And two pictures that show a mixture of colours, with the latter showing the "texture" that Pearl of Wisdom displays when observed up close.



I have to admit, I'm really enjoying the way Pearl of Wisdom looks over Rouge Noir. I'm a sucker for duochromes, and this OPI is a particularly versatile one that is great for layering over other colours. Do you have any favourite duochromes? How do you like to wear them?

I'll leave you with this fantastic clip from Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction; it's one of my favourites, and of course it is in this movie that Uma Thurman's character wore Chanel Vamp on her nails, helping to make it a cult classic. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment