Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Quo by Orly Bubble Bath and Sailor's Blue

Tonight I've got two lacquers to share with you from Quo by Orly's spring collection: Bubble Bath and Sailor's Blue. FYI, these are the exact same as the Orly polishes Peaceful Opposition and High on Hope, except re-packaged into the Quo by Orly lacquers carried by Shopper's Drugmart in Canada. 

This is three coats of Bubble Bath, a milky white with lots of silver glitter in different shapes and sizes. I'm a sucker for silver glitter in a milky base because it makes the glitter look like a cool reflective white glitter, and not so much straight-up silver. Neat look, although the formula was a little globby. 




Sailor's Blue is a smokey navy blue with tonnes of purpley-red and gold shimmer. This one is really cool and the shimmer flashes a whole bunch of different colours. A little bit multichromatic!





What do you think of these polishes? Did you pick anything up from the Orly spring collection?

9 comments:

  1. Bubble bath is gorgeous - Sailor's Blue is too murky for my liking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does pull a little towards the dusty side- maybe better for fall than spring!

      Delete
  2. I picked up Peaceful Opposition and I just wear it sheer, one coat. Turned out to be a really good buy. I've worn it three times already and that's a lot for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! Next time I'll have to try that. And I can't remember that last polish I wore three times- maybe Sally Hansen Concrete? I have too many untrieds, clearly!

      Delete
  3. They are both really lovely!

    My nail polish blog nails-and-more.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these both look great! I was looking at these both the other day but didn't buy any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually just picked up both of these ($3.00 clearance at Shoppers) and was super excited to find swatches of both in one place!

    I'm disappointed the Sailors Blue isn't as purplish-blue as the bottle leads me to believe it will be, but it still looks really nice.

    I'm excited to use Bubble Bath, it looks so gorgeous on your nails!

    Thanks for posting these swatches, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Sometimes the clearance bins at Shopper's have fantastic deals. :D

      I'm really glad you liked my swatches- and I hope Bubble Bath lives up to expectations. Let me know what you think of it!

      Delete