Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hits- Dionisio

I have another Hits no Olimpo holographic polish for you (I posted about Hits Apolo awhile ago), and this one is just as fantastic. Dionisio is a deep, vibrant purple, with one of the strongest linear holographic effects I've ever seen. Behold!


The next picture is in the shade, but it's still noticeably holographic.


Like Hits Apolo, Dionisio has a glassy, slightly jelly-like quality to it that is absolutely gorgeous.


Now, on an unrelated note, I blogged about "Hero Shade" Nails Inc Porchester Square last week, and I also mentioned my visit to "Hero City" Odessa, and shared a few pictures. I realize that Odessa wasn't the only Hero City I visisted- I'd neglected Kyiv! So now I'm feeling a little sorry for not showing Ukraine's capital city a little love. Here are a few pictures of Kyiv.

The main passenger train station in Kyiv; very grand!


Just outside the train station; I've never seen a "McFoxy" before, so I had to take a picture. I wondered if it was a subsidiary of McDonald's, but it turns out it's a Ukrainian version of McDonald's (and the subject of some copyright infringement kerfuffle according to this article in the Kyiv Post).


Independence Square (Maidan Nezalezhnosti) in Kyiv:


Near the Maidan, I saw this cute heart-shaped "tree"/statue beside a fountain... I thought it made for a rather sweet picture, seeing the girls posing for pictures with it.


St. Sofia Cathedral, which dates back to 1037:


Near St. Sofia Cathedral, a rather heroic statue of Bohdan Khmelnytsky, a kind of cossack military hero.


A few pictures of St. Michael's Monastery (iconic and beautiful golden domes):



The gigantic "Friendship of Nations Arch", dedicated to the unification of Russia and Ukraine (built in 1982); of course, not long after that the breakup of the Soviet Union transpired.


What do you think of this brief look at Hero City Kyiv? And Hits Dionisio, for that matter? ;)

11 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Did you try eating at McFoxy's?

    Also, did this one have a better brush than the one in Hits Apolo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't! I wasn't sure what to make of it, but I usually avoid anything McDonald's-esque. Next time I'd definitely check it out, though!

      Delete
    2. OH, and the brush was fine on this one! Lol, the one on Apolo was really messed up.

      Delete
  2. McFoxy, that's fun!
    I have Dionisio too, got it recently - and I love it, no problem with the brush...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "McFoxy"- It's a great name, that's for sure! Lol. And I don't think I recall seeing Dionisio on your blog yet; I can't wait to see it with some nail art!! :D

      Delete
  3. The color is certainly amazing. It really does have a holographic effect.

    Wow. The square is so pretty. Bet it looked even better in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) And if you're into holographic polishes, definitely try the Hits no Olimpo ones out- they're some of the best, in my experience. They're available through Llarowe, if anyone is wondering!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, I'm drooling on your swatches! Purple is my favorite color, so you can bet I WANT THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! I forgot to mention it right in the post, but the Hits no Olimpo series is available through Llarowe if you're looking for them!

      Delete
  5. ohhhh Dionisio its extremely amazing! looks great on you my dear. :) beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete